Disability Rights Texas: Protecting and advocating for the rights of Texans with disabilities — because all people have dignity and worth.
We are honored that you have chosen to help advance the rights of people with disabilities across our state. When you give to Disability Rights Texas, you help thousands of children, women and men with disabilities in Texas each year to exercise their legal rights so they can fully and equally participate in society.
Here are just a few examples of some of the people you help with your donation:
- A teenage boy who uses a wheelchair gets to stand and dance for the first time in his life.
- A wounded war hero who is angrily and illegally kicked out of a store because of his service dog receives justice and goes on to help other vets with the passage of a new state law.
- A simple technical device helps to transform a struggling young girl with a hearing impairment into a successful and confident student.
- A young man's breathing device that he has been using for years is unexpectedly denied by Medicaid, but the denial is challenged and coverage is re-instated.
- A women with a physical disability obtains the job training she needs to enter the profession she has chosen.
- A young women who resided in a state supported living center for years finally moves out to live happily and successfully in the community.
With your help, we can change the lives of thousands of people in Texas who face discrimination because of their disabilities.
Disability Rights Texas is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and your donations are tax-deductible.
If you wish to mail your donation instead of giving online, please make your check payable to Disability Rights Texas and send to us at: 2222 West Braker Lane, Austin, Texas 78758. Please write "donation" in the memo line. Thank you.
You can now donate to DRTx using PayPal! Just click on the Donate button below.