Thank you for your gift!
When you give to Disability Rights Texas, you help thousands of children, women and men with disabilities in Texas each year to exercise their legal rights so they can fully and equally participate in society. Here are just a few examples of some of the people you help with your donation:
- A wounded war hero who is angrily and illegally kicked out of a store because of his service dog receives justice and goes on to help other vets with the passage of a new state law.
- A simple technical device helps to transform a struggling young girl who is hard of hearing into a successful and confident student.
- A young man’s breathing device that he has been using for years is unexpectedly denied by Medicaid, but the denial is challenged and coverage is re-instated.
- A woman with a physical disability obtains the job training she needs to enter the profession she has chosen to support herself.
- A young woman who resided in a state supported living center for years finally moves out to live happily and successfully in the community.
With your help, we can change the lives of thousands of people in Texas who face discrimination because of their disabilities.