Steve Aleman of Disability Rights Texas joins the In Focus set with Lorene Dillard, a parent and advocate for special needs children. They discuss how the special education system failed students in Texas for years and share what they believe needs to be done to improve it.
- Disability Rights Texas files federal lawsuit against Gov. Abbott over school mask mandate ban
- Has AISD Cleared its Special Education Backlog, or Not?
- New law requires wellness checks during crises for the medically fragile who depend on power
- Fort Worth student with autism died after being restrained at school. What happened?
- ‘I don’t know who cares about us’: How Texas failed people with disabilities during the freeze
- Survey reveals what struggles Texans with disabilities had to deal with during the winter storm
- Austin ISD Sued Over Student Disability Evaluations
- ‘We Have No Safety Net’: Disability Rights Advocates Speak Out After Winter Storm
- AISD’s Special Education System Struggles to Keep Up
- They have chronic illnesses. Then, the power went out in Texas. ‘It’s been emotionally exhausting.’ More News