Steve Aleman of Disability Rights Texas joins the In Focus set with Lorene Dillard, a parent and advocate for special needs children. They discuss how the special education system failed students in Texas for years and share what they believe needs to be done to improve it.
- Coronavirus Treatment: Triage or Death Panel?
- Pandemic Triage Guidelines Violate Federal Law, Discriminate: Complaint
- Blind Voters, Disability Rights Groups Sue Texas Over Inaccessible Mail-in Ballot System
- Disabilities Advocates: Texas Mail Ballot System Disenfranchises People With Disabilities
- Rejecting Call to Disband San Antonio ISD Police, Trustees Plan to Examine Discipline Policies
- Advocates Urge Houston ISD To Disband School Police Force
- Families of the Disabled Worry About Loved Ones in State-Run Homes During COVID-19
- Advocates: Houston-Area Students In Alternative Schools Need ‘Fresh Start’ After COVID
- Group home operators struggle with virus as 14 locations confirm cases
- Special education students fall behind as Texas schools scramble to adapt More News