Steve Aleman of Disability Rights Texas joins the In Focus set with Lorene Dillard, a parent and advocate for special needs children. They discuss how the special education system failed students in Texas for years and share what they believe needs to be done to improve it.
- Texans with disabilities fear new restrictions on voting help could mean criminal charges at the polls
- Rejected mail-in ballot applications have advocates worried about impact on elderly, disabled voters
- People living with developmental disabilities face uphill battle accessing jobs
- Opinion: Legal battle over school masks in Texas has national repercussions
- AISD Special Education Lawsuit Moves Forward
- A judge says Texas’ ban on mask mandates violates the rights of students with disabilities
- Disability Rights Texas files federal lawsuit against Gov. Abbott over school mask mandate ban
- Has AISD Cleared its Special Education Backlog, or Not?
- New law requires wellness checks during crises for the medically fragile who depend on power
- Fort Worth student with autism died after being restrained at school. What happened? MoreNews