Steve Aleman of Disability Rights Texas joins the In Focus set with Lorene Dillard, a parent and advocate for special needs children. They discuss how the special education system failed students in Texas for years and share what they believe needs to be done to improve it.
- Texas Students Still Fighting For Special Education
- Why Are Texas Students Still Being Denied?
- Texas Education Agency May Tighten Oversight For Off-Campus Special Ed Programs
- Groups Work To Close Gap In Voter Turnout Between Texans With Disabilities And Those Without
- For fourth straight year, Texas special education “needs assistance,” feds say
- Parents calling on lawmakers to deal with $223 million special education shortfall
- Harris County, DOJ reach settlement over poll access for voters with disabilities
- Report: Texas foster kids left in state psychiatric hospitals for weeks or months
- Lawsuit: Shortening school days to deal with behavioral issues leads to the segregation of students with disabilities
- Walmart is getting rid of greeters. Here’s why the disabled community is outraged More News