Disabled people, older adults, and parents of young children all have specific needs that aren’t always well addressed in disaster planning—sometimes with horrific results.
- Texans with disabilities fear new restrictions on voting help could mean criminal charges at the polls
- Rejected mail-in ballot applications have advocates worried about impact on elderly, disabled voters
- People living with developmental disabilities face uphill battle accessing jobs
- Opinion: Legal battle over school masks in Texas has national repercussions
- AISD Special Education Lawsuit Moves Forward
- A judge says Texas’ ban on mask mandates violates the rights of students with disabilities
- Disability Rights Texas files federal lawsuit against Gov. Abbott over school mask mandate ban
- Has AISD Cleared its Special Education Backlog, or Not?
- New law requires wellness checks during crises for the medically fragile who depend on power
- Fort Worth student with autism died after being restrained at school. What happened? MoreNews