Disability Rights Texas Handout
Publication Code: HA31
This handout can be made available in Braille or audio file upon request.
Table of Contents
ExpressVote Voting System Overview
Features of the ExpressVote
- Touch Screen and Display: Allows voters to easily make vote selections and review their selection
- Instruction Panel: A visual guide that shows voters how to use the ExpressVote.
- Card Slot: Where the voter inserts their card to activate selections.
- Front Access Panel: Headphone jack, a port for a Sip-and-Puff device or two-position rocker switch, and Audio-Tactile Keypad make the unit ADA friendly.
- Visual Aids: High contrast and zoom functionality.
Enables ADA voters to control audio and navigate the ballot.
Statewide Intake: 1-800-252-9108
Sign Language Video Phone: 1-866-362-2851
Purple 2 Video Phone: 512-271-9391
Online Intake available 24/7: intake.DRTx.org
Disclaimer: Disability Rights Texas strives to update its materials on an annual basis, and this handout is based upon the law at the time it was written. The law changes frequently and is subject to various interpretations by different courts. Future changes in the law may make some information in this handout inaccurate.
These handouts are not intended to, and do not replace an attorney’s advice or assistance based on your particular situation.