Website Accessibility Options
Did you know that our website includes a tool that provides various website accessibility options? The name of the tool is Browsealoud and its features allow users to personalize how they access content on our site. That means you can navigate in a way that suits you best.
To activate Browsealoud, click “Accessibility Options” at the top on any page of our website.
When activated, its features include:
Hover to speak
- Reads any text out loud (when you hover over it)
- Reinforces understanding, increases focus and improves retention.
- Reads text out loud (when you select a specific page/paragraph)
- Gives the user full control over what text they’d like to read aloud.
- Translates text into 99 different languages
- Read and listen to the web page in your preferred language to help with understanding and navigation.
- Displays word meaning through illustration
- Removes barriers that make reading and hearing text difficult by providing an alternative, picture, format.
- Converts online content into audio
- For those who prefer to listen than read. It’s also perfect for listening to and sharing lengthy web or PDF content offline.
- Focus on reading one passage at a time
- Helps reduce screen glare and increase focus. Also benefits people with light sensitivity and cognitive load difficulties.
- Magnifies text and reads it out loud
- Increases the accessibility of even the smallest web text and especially helps people with low vision.
- Creates a simplified view of a webpage
- Helps to increase understanding and processing of web content.
This video from the makers of Browsealoud explains more about the features.