How We Help
How does Disability Rights Texas (DRTx) help? Our attorneys and advocates work to impact the lives of Texans with disabilities in the following ways:
- Legal assistance: We provide direct legal assistance to people with disabilities whose rights are threatened or violated.
- Protect rights: We protect the rights of individuals and groups of people with disabilities through the courts and justice system.
- Educate policymakers: We educate and inform policymakers about issues that impact the rights and services for people with disabilities.
- Inform about rights: We inform people with disabilities and family members about their rights.
- Referrals: We make referrals to programs and services.
If you would like help or information related to any of the items listed above, visit our Contact Us page. To learn more about what DRTx and other Protection and Advocacy Agencies (P&As) do, check out the video below.