2022 T- Shirt Fundraiser Design Contest
Disability Rights Texas (DRTx) is accepting submissions for a t-shirt design contest from Imagine Art clients and other people with disabilities. The winning design will be used on a t-shirt that will be sold to raise funds for DRTx during July which coincides with the anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) on July 26.
Design Rules and Guidelines:
- Design may not exceed 12” wide by 12” high.
- Design may include up to 3 colors. Gradients and transparencies cannot be used.
- Design should focus on the topic of disability and/or access. Here are some examples:
- Access for All
- Everybody is Somebody
- Include Everyone
- Inclusive World = Better Best World
The above are just ideas. You are welcome to come up with your own short catchphrase about disability to include in your design.
- Design will appear on the front of a dark gray solid-color shirt.
- Design must be wholly original and cannot contain any copyright material.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
- It is recommended to render your design in Adobe Illustrator or a similar program. Entries should include a high resolution JPEG or PNG and PDF file. If selected as the final design the original, vector-based file will be requested.
- DRTx reserves the right to make adjustments to all entries, including colors of the design and the shirt.
Submission Rules and Guidelines:
- Entries must be received via online entry form by 11:59 pm on June 3, 2022.
- All entries need to include your full name, title of design (optional), mailing address and telephone number in addition to the artwork file.
How Winners Will Be Selected:
- There will be two rounds of voting:
- Round 1: The DRTx Contest Committee will select 3-5 finalists.
- Round 2: The finalists will be presented to DRTx staff, board of directors, and email subscribers for a vote. The Contest Committee will break any ties if necessary.
- Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Concept and originality.
- Captures spirit of the disability access theme.
- Completeness of design and readiness for printing.
- Feasibility of reproduction.
- Adherence to design and submission rules and guidelines.
The winner will receive a $100 gift card as well as a free t-shirt with their winning design. Promotion of the winner and their design will also be done through social media, email and website with expressed written permission from the winner.
How winners will be notified:
- Winners will be notified by email at the close of the voting period, via the information provided during entry. Winner’s failure to respond to notification within five (5) business days after its transmission may result in the selection of a new winner.
Deadlines and Important Dates:
- April 1, 2022 – Contest begins
- June 3, 2022 – Submission deadline
- June 6, 2022 – Finalist selection begins
- June 10, 2022 – Finalists announced and community voting begins
- June 17, 2022 – Community voting closes
- June 20, 2022 – Winner announced
- July 2022 – T Shirt fundraiser release
For any questions regarding contest rules, please email: Laurel Goodroe at firstname.lastname@example.org.