Note: The Stop Texas Evictions Toolkit is no longer available. To get help with your housing or to learn about your housing rights, visit our Housing Resources page.
Are you worried that your landlord will evict you because you are behind on rent?
You are not alone. Millions of people across Texas are threatened with eviction because they can’t afford to pay the rent.
Stop TX Eviction is a new online toolkit created through a collaboration between the three main legal aid providers in Texas (Texas RioGrande Legal Aid, Lone Star Legal Aid, and Legal Aid of Northwest Texas) and the state legal aid support center, Texas Legal Services Center, with generous funding from the Texas Access to Justice Foundation.
The toolkit helps you:
- Get legal information about the eviction process and your rights.
- Get access to important documents you can give to your landlord or the court.
- Apply for legal assistance from organizations in your area that provide free legal services to qualifying tenants.
- Find out about rental assistance and other resources in your area and how to apply.
- Chat with a real lawyer about your questions regarding eviction.
Evictions are serious legal matters, and they demand urgent attention, because they can have serious consequences for people and their families. This toolkit is intended to help the millions of Texans who might be at risk of eviction to protect their rights, preserve their housing, and avoid homelessness.
Disclaimer: The information in this toolkit is not legal advice. This toolkit is only intended to provide legal information, and is not a substitute for the advice of a lawyer.