Do you need help paying rent?
Houston renters, you may be able to receive up to $2,112 for delinquent rent for August or prior months.
Tenant Enrollment – August 24-30, 2020
- Tenant’s landlord must be on the Participating Landlord Directory
- Have unpaid rent from April – August
- Have a landlord who agrees to the landlord terms
- Prior to April 2020, household income is less than 80% of Area Median Income or tenant is currently participating in any of the programs listed below.
- Cannot pay rent due to economic harm or healthcare impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- If possible, secure computer or smart phone access to submit your application between 8/24 and 8/30
- Check to see if your landlord in on the Participating Landlord List
- If not, ask your landlord to sign up as a Participating Landlord
- Prepare to submit your application online or via the telephone number: 832-390-2018
- Ask your landlord for a payment plan
Landlord Enrollment: August 17 – 26
Tenant Application: August 24 – 30
Application Selection: After August 31
Payments to Landlords: After September 8
- Public Housing Assistance
- National School Lunch Program/Head Start
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Federal Pell Grant
- VA Pension
- Tribal Assistance
- Harris Health Gold Card
For more information visit housingrentassistance.org. Telephone assistance will be available on August 24 at 832-390-2018.