Case Types Accepted
If you are a person with a disability in the state of Texas and believe your rights are being violated, call our Toll-Free Statewide Intake Line at 1-800-252-9108.
Or to complete an online request for service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Individuals with hearing impairments can call our toll-free video phone at 1-866-362-2851.
Experienced staff are available to take your call Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm.
If you have an emergency, please call 911 or your local police department.
Please note that the demand for our services far exceeds the availability of our staff and attorneys. Cases are selected based on available resources and our priority areas. If your problem is not accepted as a case, you have the right to appeal our decision.
In deciding whether we can represent you directly, we will consider:
- The details of your case
- Other resources available to you
- Your ability to advocate for yourself
- Whether your problem falls within one of our service areas as determined through public surveys and board approval
- Availability of resources within our organization
- The extent to which your case may benefit others with disabilities
Please remember that we only represent people with disabilities.
Unfortunately we are NOT able to provide financial assistance, and we do NOT provide legal services in the following areas:
- Criminal Law
- Family Law (divorce, child custody, etc.)
- Identity Theft
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Personal Injury
- Social Security Determinations or Appeals
If you need general information referral regarding services available to people with disabilities in Texas, please call 2-1-1.