DRTx is an exciting, passion filled, and award-winning place to work. DRTx may be the place for you to begin or continue your career! Year over year, our staff report how satisfied and engaged they are here. Learn more about who we are and what we do here.
We are hiring for the jobs listed below. To apply, follow these four easy steps:
Complete the employment application - download it here.
Write a letter of interest. Be sure to identify the job you seek, why you want to work at DRTx, a summary of your qualifications specific to the job, the salary you seek, and if you'll relocate at your own expense - if you don't live where the job is located.
Update your resume. Include all your education, licenses/certification, and positions you've held that are related to the job. Salaries for employees are set using a formula of years of licensure, related experience, and education of similarly situated employees.
Send all three documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or via a fax to 888.871.3898. If you don't send everything in, we won't consider you for an interview.
EDUCATION SPECIALIST FOR PROBATION INVOLVED YOUTH (Bilingual)
Disability Rights Texas (DRTx) seeks to hire a full-time Education Specialist who is Bilingual in Spanish for the Harris County Juvenile Probation Educational Support Services Project. Primarily based near NRG Stadium at South Loop 610 @ Kirby, this position routinely serves and supports other areas of the county as needed. Clients for this project are referred from within the Harris County Juvenile Justice System. The Bilingual Education Specialist provides non-litigation case level and technical support services to probation involved youth, their families and probation officers. Under the direction of the project’s Supervising Attorney, the position exercises independent judgment within the confines of the probation department regulations, the limited scope contract of the County, and according to DRTx policies and procedures while administering assigned case work. Duties include interviewing clients, reviewing records, investigating facts, recognizing key issues, accompanying families to IEP/ARD and 504 meetings, negotiating favorable outcomes, mediating disputes, referring to other programs when appropriate, and providing technical assistance to county probation officers. Special requirements: Night and weekend work; bilingual Spanish fluency, written and spoken word; Special Education background; background clearance with fingerprinting. This is a grant funded, time limited position. Review the complete job description here.
Employees of DRTx receive a very competetive and award winning benefits package, including those listed below.
- Paid insurance: health, dental, life, long term care, long term disability.
- Vision discount plan
- Tax-free spending and savings accounts for healthcare related and dependent day care expenses
- Tons of paid time off: 12+ days of accrued paid vacation per year, at hire, increasing with tenure; 12+ days of accrued paid sick time per year, at hire; 2+ days of paid personal time per year, at hire; 15 paid holidays per year, including the the period of December 24 - January 1; up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave for the birth, adoption or foster care placement of a child and up to 4 weeks of paid bereavement leave for the death of certain family members
- 401(k) retirement account including a contribution made by DRTx, regardless of what an employee does or does not contribute pre-tax or roth
- Flexible schedules, compressed work weeks, and opportunities to work via telecommuting are available for certain positions
- Certain employees may be eligible for student loan repayment assistance and forgiveness programs
DRTx is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment upon any unlawful basis. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to inquire about employment. We make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees who have a disability. If you are in need of an accommodation to apply for one of our positions, contact us at email@example.com. All extended job offers are contingent upon the results of a comprehensive background check. Some jobs require clearning background checks throughout employment. Having a criminal record will not automatically eliminate a job offer. DRTx does not accept resumes or applications for positions not listed above. Further, DRTx does not accept unsolicited referrals from any search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Disability Rights Texas' property, and Disability Rights Texas will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers or in any manner outside the identified process detailed above. Benefits are subject to change prior to and during employment.