Disability Rights Texas
Protecting and Advancing Your Rights
Congress has passed a number of laws to protect people with disabilities from discrimination that limits their full and equal participation in society. Congress also created a national network of protection and advocacy organizations (P&As) to help secure and advance the rights of people with disabilities.
Disability Rights Texas is the federally designated legal protection and advocacy agency (P&A) for people with disabilities in Texas. Our mission is to help people with disabilities understand and exercise their rights under the law, ensuring their full and equal participation in society.
Our attorneys and advocates fulfill our mission in the following ways:
- Provide direct legal assistance to people with disabilities whose rights are threatened or violated
- Protect the rights of individuals and groups of people with disabilities through the courts and justice system
- Educate and inform policy makers about issues that impact the rights and services for people with disabilities
- Inform people with disabilities and family members about their rights
- Make referrals to programs and services