When You Call
If you are a person with a disability in the state of Texas and you are experiencing a legal problem or are having difficulty obtaining disability services, call our intake line at 1-800-252-9108.
Individuals with hearing impairments can call our toll-free video phone at 1-866-362-2851.
Experienced staff are available to take your call Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm.
- When you call, an intake worker will ask you questions about you and your issue, such as:
- Your name, address, and phone number, so that we can reach you later if we have more questions
- The nature of your disability
- Some facts about your problem (what happened and when, why and how it happened) to help us determine how best to help you.
- If you have documents related to your issue, have that information ready when you call.
- We will review your request for assistance and assign it to an advocate or attorney.
- Within a few days, we will contact you about your request. If we are able to investigate your claims or accept your case, you will receive an acceptance letter. If we cannot help you directly, we may be able to provide useful information and referrals.
- If we deny your request for services, you can appeal within 20 days to our Legal Director by writing to 2222 West Braker Lane, Austin, TX 78758.