Disability Rights Texas (DRTx) is a non-profit organization that helps people with disabilities understand and exercise their rights under the law, ensuring their full and equal participation in society. For more information on our organization, click here and visit our YouTube channel. We are only accepting applications for the positions listed below. Review the summary and then, if interested, download and read the full job description by clicking on the link provided.
If you wish to apply for an open position at DRTx, please follow these instructions:
- First, download and complete our employment application.
- Second, compose a letter of interest that a) identifies what particular position you are applying for and the location of the position, b) why you are interested in working at DRTx with a narrative summary of your qualifications for the position, and c) your desired salary range and if you are willing to relocate at your own expense to the position's location (if you do not already live in the area).
- Third, make sure you resume is up to date.
- Fourth, send all three documents together in an email (preferably in pdf format) to email@example.com or via a fax to 888.871.3898 (no cover sheet is necessary). Failing to provide all three documents or identify the required matters in your letter of interest constitutes an incomplete application. Incomplete applications will be not be accepted or considered.
DRTx is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment upon any unlawful basis. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to inquire about employment. We make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees who have a disability. If you are in need of an accommodation to apply for one of our positions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no openings for which we are recruiting at this time.
Please check back at a later date.
Employees of DRTx receive a very competetive benefits package*, including those listed below. A proud recipient of the 2016 World at Work Seal of Distinction, DRTx is honored to be recognized as an employer of choice that demonstrates leadership in creating a culture that supports employees at work and at home. Read more about the award here.
- Paid health insurance
- Paid dental insurance
- Paid vision discount plan
- Paid life insurance
- Paid long term care insurance
- Paid long term disability insurance
- Tax-free spending and savings accounts for healthcare related expenses
- Tax-free account for dependent day care expenses
- 12+ days of accrued paid vacation per year, at hire, increasing with tenure
- 12+ days of accrued paid sick time per year, at hire
- 2+ days of paid personal time per year, at hire
- 15 paid holidays per year, including the the period of December 24 - January 1
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave for the birth of a child
- Up to 4 weeks of paid bereavement leave for the death of certain family members
- 401(k) retirement account including a 7% contribution made by DRTx, regardless of what an employee does or does not contribute pre-tax or roth
- Flexible schedules, compressed work weeks, and opportunities to work via telecommuting are available for certain positions
- Certain employees may be eligible for student loan repayment assistance and forgivenss programs
*benefits listed are subject to certain provisions, policies and agreements, and are subject to change.
All extended job offers are contingent upon the results of a comprehensive background check. Having a criminal record will not automatically eliminate a job offer.
DRTx does not accept contacts or resumes from any search firms or staffing agencies, unless previous agreements have been made. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Disability Rights Texas' property, and Disability Rights Texas will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers or in any manner outside the identified process detailed above.